Friday 16 October 2009

These People Are Not From Wales

This story today has rightly made some headlines. But I don't like the gist of it. We hear this:
A woman from Wales raped by members of her own family ...

The three men, all from Cardiff, had denied the charges but were found guilty of rape and indecency after a trial...
The step-uncle, 55, and stepfather were jailed indeterminately, with terms recommended of 20 and 15 years respectively, while her brother-in-law, 27, was jailed for 12 years....

And then at the end (in what I'd call the small print) was:
The court was told that both the step-uncle and stepfather are illegal immigrants, who will be deported after they have served their sentences.

I'm almost afraid to say this in these PC times but these people aren't in my book 'from Wales', they most certainly aren't 'Welsh' and I think I know the news reporters know that. These people are Indian as it happens. Sikhs. Illegals in fact.
I've nothing against Indians, nothing against Sikhs. In fact I have quite a lot of time for Sikhs.
BUT...these people are not Welsh. They are not from Wales.
If I stowed away on a boat for example, and jumped off say on Sri Lanka, and raped some people, then if the Sri Lankan press reported that a 'man from Sri Lanka' had raped some people then it would be bullshit of course because I would not be a man from Sri Lanka but a man from Britain (Wales as it happens in my case) but this is not how things are reported in namby pamby all luvvy together Britain.
Look out for it.

2 comments:

Mo said...

And I thought the PC BS was bad here...

subrosa said...

Continual inaccurate reporting like that annoys me too RR.

It happens in the Scottish press all the time.